Since 2006, the UKOM Establishment Survey has been conducted via the NRS interview. NRS’s high quality sample of 36,000 participants per year is used by UKOM as the basis for the definitive measure of internet use in Great Britain.
The UKOM Establishment Survey data are available to all NRS subscribers. Participants who have accessed the internet in the past 12 months are asked:
- How often they use the internet
- Where they use the internet – at home, at work, using a mobile device etc
- When they last used the internet
- Whether their household has broadband
- What equipment they use to access the internet at home
- How many laptops or PCs they have at home
- Whether they use the net at home for work purposes
- What they use the internet for
- Do they shop online?
- Whether they have visited any social networking websites
- What activities they do on social networking websites – i.e. updating status, posting a picture etc
The NRS interview also covers activities on the internet.